Wednesday, July 22, 2009

... --- ...



More games leads to more losses and a few wins. This several month losing streak may be coming to an end. At least now I'm recognizing the major errors in each game. And those errors are happening in the endgame. Usually when I'm winning. Then that question surfaces. Go for the kill or play out the long game while consolidating advantages? Former or latter? Former or latter? Former! Then I lose. I'm seeing the little red dot on my forehead just not moving out of the way. Without further ado... a game against Wang that he "swindled" (his word not mine) and a game against my brother that he also swindled (my word).

Wang v. Shaman


Bro v. Bro


Also, Grecian Delight has come to Flagstaff. Mmm... Grecian.

1 comment:

Liquid Egg Product said...

I just realized what your title meant. :D

IMO, for most of us patzers, getting better at endgames is the one thing that can mostly directly lead to improvements in score.

Although, your game against Wang seems to do more with tactics than not knowing endgame principles.