Monday, November 19, 2007


I predicted two weeks ago that it will be a Packers, Patriots Super Bowl. I want to go on the record saying that not only will that happen but the Packers will win it in a pseudo-upset. The Patriots are an outstanding team with a lot of talent but the Pack have an organic mix of new and old, rookies and veterans, that's giving them the ability to grow organically. We will soon see the truth of the matter when the Pack staves off the Lions this Thanksgiving.


If I may be so boldly nerdy as to compare it to Wolff's Law of Bone: Wolff's law is a theory developed by the German Anatomist/Surgeon Julius Wolff (1835-1902) in the 19th century that states that bone in a healthy person or animal will adapt to the loads it is placed under. If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading. The converse is true as well: if the loading on a bone decreases, the bone will become weaker due to turnover as it is less metabolically costly to maintain and there is no stimulus for continued remodeling that is required to maintain bone mass.

3 comments:

Ivan said...

Hello,

I have added your link to my Blog.

Will you please add my lonk to yours?

I am based in Milwaukee too!

Getting to 2000


www.gettingto2000.blogspot.com

Thanks

Pawn Shaman said...

Good to see someone else from Milwaukee around here. I added you to the sidebar. Good luck!

Ivan said...

There are 2 active clubs in the Milwaukee area, do you play OTB?

The links for the clubs are on my side bar